The world has been facing an unprecedented global health, social and economic emergency as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Travel and tourism is among the most affected sectors with a massive fall of international demand amid global travel restrictions including many borders fully closed, to contain the virus.
Canada is one such countries which prioritizes the health and safety of everyone in the country by taking a risk-based and measured approach.
Since almost 1.5 years, Canada has had many restrictions for travellers, migrants and tourists. However, from September 7, 2021, Canada allows fully vaccinated people from all countries, (provided the domestic epidemiologic situation remains favourable) fully vaccinated people are not restricted to do the COVID tests for on-arrival and on day eighth day, but they may be asked for random testing at the Canada border. Travellers are no longer required to book a 3-night hotel stopover when entering Canada.
“As of September 7, fully-vaccinated people from any country can come into Canada for non-essential travel. At every step, safety of Canadians will continue to be our first priority”- Says Canadian Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau
To qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption, you must:
- be eligible to enter Canada on the specific date you enter
- have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines
- have received your last dose at least 14 days prior to the day you enter Canada
- Example: if your last dose was anytime on Thursday July 1st, then Friday July 16th would be the first day that you meet the 14-day condition
- upload your proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN
- meet all other entry requirements (for example, pre-entry test)
Accepted Covid-19 vaccines in Canada:
|Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)|
|AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)|
|Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2. S)|
Non – Accepted covid 19 vaccines in Canada:
|Cansino (Convidecia, Ad5-nCoV)|
|Gamalaya (Sputnik V, Gam-Covid-Vac)|
|Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, Sinopharm-Wuhan)|
|Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)|
|Vector Institute (EpiVacCorona)|
Proof of vaccination:
If vaccination is taken outside Canada, it’s still accepted but proof of vaccination must be uploaded digitally in ArriveCAN and must only be in French or English, or certified translation into French or English.
No exceptions for partially-vaccinated travellers:
At present, there are no exemptions from testing, hotel stopover or quarantine for travellers who haven’t received the full series of a vaccine or a combination of vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada.
Steps to follow during Canada travel:
1.Pre-entry test result:
Travellers 5 years of age or older, regardless of citizenship, must deliver a proof of COVID-19 test result to enter Canada. Everyone must provide any one of the accepted types of tests, not an antigen test, including those who are fully vaccinated.
Below tests are considered acceptable molecular tests:
- PCR – Polymerase chain reaction
- RT-PCR – reverse transcription real time PCR
- Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
- Nucleic acid test (NAT) or Nucleic acid amplification test (NAATs)
- Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)
- Isothermal amplification
- Droplet digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
- Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA)
- RNA (Ribonucleic acid)
- Ct (cycle threshold)
2.Quarantine plan in case you don’t qualify for the exemption:
You must be prepared to quarantine for 14 days, in case you:
- are symptomatic
- don’t meet the requirements
A suitable quarantine plan must be entered into ArriveCAN in case you don’t qualify for the exemption. You may be asked to explain your quarantine plan at the border
3. Proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN:
All travellers must use ArriveCAN to enter your proof of vaccination, quarantine and travel information.
If you don’t provide the required information in ArriveCAN before arriving at the border you won’t be considered for the exemption, even if you meet all the other requirements.
If you don’t provide proof of a valid COVID-19 test
- Foreign nationals without a valid molecular test or with symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed into Canada
- If a Canadian citizen, person registered under the Indian Act, or permanent resident does not provide proof of a valid molecular test result they:
- will be allowed entry, but may be subject to a fine of up to $5,000 per day or face criminal prosecution
- may also be required to go to a designated quarantine facility if they are symptomatic on arrival at the border, or do not have a suitable quarantine plan
4. What to have ready at the border:
Have the following items with you for assessment by a government official at the border:
- Proof of vaccination
- ArriveCAN receipt
- Pre entry test result
- Other travel document
5. Arrival testing:
When you enter Canada, you’ll be instructed to either take an arrival test at the border, or receive a home test kit.
If you don’t qualify as fully vaccinated, you will also get a kit to use on Day-8 of your mandatory quarantine (except for travellers who are only passing through on their way to or from Alaska).
There is no fee for the arrival test.
Unvaccinated children and Canada travel:
From August 9, 2021, unvaccinated dependents of fully vaccinated individuals are not restricted to complete the 14 – day quarantine measures. But they need to follow the public health measures for that period like not attending school or day care for first two weeks after arriving Canada. As per the immigration officials from Canada, all these measures will be applicable to unvaccinated children from any of the countries
Five additional airports accept international flights:
Starting from August 9, 2021, five more airports in Canada will be accepting international flights. Airports like:
- Quebec City,
- Winnipeg, and
Novaturient Immigration Services have widespread capability in dealing with Canada travel plans. We will organise, consult and proof read all your application and other documents to ensure no interruption during your travel.
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
Call us : 9731473738
Email : email@example.com