United States is at the top of the list in attracting international visitors.The country receives about 79.6 million international visitors annually. These people travel to the country for business or sightseeing. It also impacts the economy of the country immensely.
Major types of visit visa:
- B-1 – For business purpose travelers
- B-2 – For tourists on leisure time and people coming to the US for participating in recreational contests or social events, or for taking medical treatment.
What is US Visit Visa?
A US Tourist Visa is a type of non-immigrant visa. It allows people to enter the United States. The purpose can either be business or tourism. It can also be a combination of both.
Reasons for travel under a B2 visa include:
- Engaging in tourist activities or take a vacation
- Visiting family
- Receiving medical treatment
- Attending or taking part in events, such as concerts or classes, as long as there is no payment or credit given to the attendee
- Taking a short recreational study course, such as a cooking class
You cannot travel under this visa to engage any of the following:
- Long-term employment by a U.S. firm
- Paid performances, or any professional performance before a paying audience
- Arrival as a crewmember on a ship or aircraft
- Work as foreign press, in radio, film, print journalism, or other information media
- Permanent residence in the United States
The eligibility criteria of the US tourist visa are:
- Show proof of your travel:
- If it is tourism, then you must display a travel itinerary, tickets, etc.
- If it is a visit to family or friends, then you must show an invitation letter.
- If it is for medical purposes, then you must show the necessary medical documents.
- If it is for business, then:
- You must display business invitations, etc.
- You must show proof that you are a foreigner.
- You must display the intent to leave the country to the immigration officer.
- You must not work, study, or do paid performances.
- You must display sufficient proof of funds.
- You must have a residence in your home country.
- Valid passport
- Funds proof
- Letters supporting your reason of visiting the US
- Adequate insurance coverage
- Details of who you are staying with and where
- Air tickets
- Evidence that you will return to your home country
- Financial documents
- Insurance and other supporting documents
- Step 1:Submit a digital photograph
- Step 2:It must be according to the specific requirements mentioned.
- Step 3:Fill the DS-160 application form
- Step 4:Get the ten-digit barcode
- Step 5:Pay the required application fees
- Step 6: Arrange a visa interview appointment
- Step 7:You need to schedule two appointments:
- One interview is at the embassy or consulate.
- The other one is at the Offsite Facilitation Centre (OFC)
- Step 8:You must give your biometrics at the Visa Application Centre (VAC)
- Step 9:Go for the personal visa interview.
- Step 10:If you meet the required criteria, you will get the US tourist visa.
A tourist visa to the USA costs $ 160. You may also have to pay other fees.
- Visa issuance fees (depending on your nationality)
- Doctor’s fees (for proof of good health)
- Fees for proof of character
The processing time of the US tourist visa is between three days to 2 weeks. It can delay if there is traffic at the embassy or consulate.
Renewal of Visa:
If you would like to renew your B-1/B-2 visa, then you will need to go through the original process. Depending on the U.S. embassy or consulate where you apply, you may be able to complete your visa renewal without the need for an interview.
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
Call us: 9731473738
Leave A Comment