Going On Vacation? 10 Things to Know About Visas


If you’re planning a trip to another country, then it’s important to know that visas are required. This can have an impact on your travels if you don’t plan ahead or aren’t prepared for the process. Here are 10 things to know about visas:

It is not the same thing as a passport.

A passport is a document that identifies you as a citizen of a country. It’s what allows you to enter or leave a country, and it can also serve as evidence that you’re who you say you are. For example, if your name is James Smith and he has no other form of identification (like an ID card or driver’s license), he might have difficulty getting into the United States without his passport—even though he may legally travel there with just his birth certificate alone.

A visa is not the same thing as a passport: they’re both documents that allow people to enter or leave another country; however each serves different purposes in terms of security measures protecting people’s rights while they’re abroad on vacation or business trips abroad.[1] Visas are issued by local authorities based on specific requirements such as having been invited by an employer/employer organization etc., whereas passports only require proof of identity at entry points into ports where visas cannot be applied for online due to security reasons.[2]

It can take more than a month to get one, so plan ahead!

You may be wondering how long it takes to get a visa. The average time for processing an application is about two weeks, but this can vary depending on your country of residence and the type of visa you are applying for.

If your criminal record includes any convictions from outside Canada (such as those involving trafficking), this will add another month to the process because they must be reviewed by immigration officials before granting approval. Additionally, medical conditions like epilepsy or multiple sclerosis also take longer than usual because they require careful consideration by doctors and specialists involved in processing applications.

If travelling by plane to Canada and arriving at Pearson International Airport in Toronto (YYZ), make sure that all documentation has been submitted before leaving home so there aren’t any delays when returning home after visiting our beautiful country!

You might need an interview.

Before you go on vacation, you may have to do some work. You may have to get a visa from your local consulate or embassy, and depending on where you’re going, this could involve interviews with officials who will ask questions about things like how long it’s been since your last trip outside of the country.

You might also need to bring documentation with you when applying for a new visa: passports; birth certificates; marriage licenses; divorce decrees; proof of health insurance coverage and other documents that prove who is applying (and not just any person). If the application requires an interview at the consulate or embassy, then bring someone who knows how to translate into their native language if they can’t speak English well enough themselves!

Also consider bringing along friends or family members so they can act as witnesses if needed during interviews (or even better—use them as interpreters).

It is OK if you have a criminal record — but you will have to disclose it.

If you have a criminal record, it’s important to disclose that information when applying for a visa. You can be denied entry into the U.S. if this is not disclosed on your application form and could lead to deportation proceedings if you are found guilty of any crimes after entering the country.

However, if you do have a criminal record and want to travel outside of the U.S., there are still steps that must be taken before applying for an immigrant visa or naturalization through consular processing (application fee). This process may take several months or even years depending on how fast your case goes through immigration court—and it will cost money!

You may need proof of employment.

You may need proof of employment. If you’re traveling on vacation, you can get an employment letter from your company or a third party (such as a family member or friend), but if you are leaving the country for more than 90 days, it’s best to have some kind of official document showing that your job is still being performed in Canada.

If no one has been able to provide such proof yet and they’re asking for more time before issuing their visa application forms (which is common), then consider taking the following steps:

  • Contact the embassy/consulate directly where they work by phone or email instead of waiting around hoping someone will call back with information; this should speed up processing times significantly!

You may need proof of finances.

If you’re traveling for business, you will need to show proof of finances.

You will be required to have enough money in your bank account or savings account to support yourself while in the country. This can include:

  • A bank statement that shows how much money is available in your account
  • A letter from your employer saying they will pay for all expenses related to travel (including lodging, meals and transportation)

Your visa may be denied or withdrawn at any time, with no right of appeal.

If your visa is revoked or withdrawn, you will not have the right to appeal. The only recourse available to you is to apply for a new visa from the issuing country.

You can lose your visa if you overstay.

If you overstay your visa, the consequences can be severe. You will have to leave the country, and may be fined or even put in jail for up to six months. You may also be banned from re-entering Canada for one year after leaving (or applying for another Canadian visa).

It is the airline’s responsibility to make sure you have the right visa.

It is the airline’s responsibility to make sure you have the right visa. Airlines are required by law to check that passengers are in possession of a valid travel document, but they do not have any direct control over how this process is carried out. The airline will provide you with all relevant information about your destination country, including any visas and other requirements needed for entry into that country. Once you’ve booked your flight, it’s up to you and your travel agent/tour operator (if applicable) to ensure that all necessary paperwork is submitted well in advance of departure date so there’s no delay at check-in time or boarding time itself!

If an international trip requires more than one type of visa or permit from different agencies within one jurisdiction (like ours do), then we recommend contacting our office before coming down here so we can coordinate everything properly with all parties involved in order-making processes.”

Don’t buy a ticket until you have the visa in hand!

  • Buy your ticket only after you have the visa in hand.
  • Don’t buy a ticket until you know all the details of your visa, including where to stay and how much money will be needed for traveling expenses (including food).

Visas are difficult and time-consuming, but worth it if you’re willing to bear the burden.

Visas are difficult and time-consuming, but worth it if you’re willing to bear the burden.

To obtain a visa, you need to study your destination country’s laws—and its culture—carefully. The United States Embassy in your home country may also have specific requirements for visas based on what kind of trip or business you wish to take there. If this is unfamiliar territory for you, consult an immigration lawyer before beginning any process with the U.S. Embassy or consulate where they’re located (these offices can be found at [link](https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/country-information/foreign%20countries).

The bottom line is that visas are a pain, but they can be worth it if you’re willing to bear the burden. If you plan ahead and make sure your visa is ok before buying a ticket, then there’s nothing to worry about!



Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.

Call us: 9731473738
Email: info@novaturientvisas.com

Leave A Comment

Novaturientvisas - Logo

Novaturient Visas

Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.

Call Us: 080-44324151

Quick Links

Payment Partner


Our Branches

  • Pin

    Office 1: RMZ Infinity, Tower - E, Ground Floor - 3, Swami Vivekananda Road, Opposite Gopalan Signature Mall, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560016.

    Office 2: No. 310, Motati Meadows, 91/6, Next to Gopalan Signature Mall, Old Madras Road, Nagavarapalya, Bengaluru – 560093.

  • Pin

    NYN Arcade, Survey No. 55, Plot No - 108, Lumbini Enclave, Off Hi- Tech Road, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana, 500032.

  • Pin

    Pulsebay 388, Vazhudavoor Main Road, Shanmugapuram, Puducherry - 605009.

  • Pin

    Office Number – 602, Suratwala Mark Plazzo, Opposite Marriott Hotel, Hinjewadi, Phase 1, Pune, Maharashtra 411057

  • Pin

    Block A, 2nd Floor, Plot No. 11, 12,16,17 Palam Extension, Sector 7, Dwarka, Delhi - 110075.

  • Pin

    No - 731,Pinto Heritage Villa, Dmello Vaddo, Anjuna, Goa - 403509.

Our Branches

  • Pin
    United Kingdom

    4 Admiral Way, Doxford International Business Park, Sunderland, United Kingdom, SR3 3XW

  • Pin

    No. AO-3362, 8th Street, 12th Main Road, AF Block, Anna Nagar, Chennai - 600040

© 2022 Novaturient Visas