The Minister of Health of Canada, Jean-Yves Duclos, says, Canada suggests that the peak of the recent wave is over. The provinces and the territories are modifying their public health advisories to keep up with the changes in the situation. This has led Canada to lighten its border measures.
On Monday, February 28, 2022, the government of Canada announced new guidelines for travellers to Canada. People who have completed the required dosages of vaccines need not a negative test report to visit Canada. They are also not required to quarantine for two weeks. The traveling rules within Canada have been relaxed. Although, the government has warned the citizens of Canada to travel with caution.
- On February 28, 2022, the Canadian government declared that fully vaccinated people could enter Canada without getting tested.
- Travelers to Canada do not need to quarantine for 14 days.
- Children below 12 years of age are exempted from self-isolation as per the new pandemic rules.
- Fulfil the requirements for pre-entry testing;
- Should not have signs or symptoms;
- Present their ArriveCAN receipt, pre-departure test results, and paper or digital copies of any needed COVID-19 information to ArriveCAN.
- Before they take their aircraft to Canada, they must provide evidence of immunisation paperwork;
- In the event that they do not qualify for the exemption, they should have a competent quarantine plan
Non – Vaccinated travellers:
The new rules for unvaccinated travellers are
- Travelers to Canada who are not vaccinated will be tested for COVID-19.
- The test would be conducted eight days after they arrive in Canada. They need to quarantine for 14 days.
- The new health measures at the border of Canada said that travellers could use a rapid antigen test result for COVID-19.
- The test needs to be taken a day before their scheduled flight or
- Arrival at the terrestrial border or seaport of entry
- Molecular test results taken not less than 72 hours ago for scheduled flights or arrival at the border or seaport of entry
If the unvaccinated travellers do not abide by any of the new rules, they would not be allowed to enter the country.
Random tests upon arrival:
Border agents’ officials may choose you at random for an obligatory arrival exam.
If you are completely vaccinated and are randomly selected for an obligatory arrival test, you must do it on the day you enter Canada as ordered. The test may be administered at the airport, or officials may provide you with a self-swab kit to complete within 24 hours after entering the country.
You do not have to wait for the results if you are randomly selected for the on-arrival exam. You do not need to quarantine while awaiting your findings, and you are free to fly to your ultimate destination and connect planes.
You may accelerate the procedure by enrolling in advance with the testing provider for the airport where you will arrive using the same email address you used for ArriveCAN, according to the Canadian government.
Airports in Canada:
From February 28, 2022, all the airports of Canada will be functional. Before the new guidelines were announced, 18 airports in Canada were allowed to operate for the management of international flights.
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
Call us: 9731473738