Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is a standardized test to measure the English language ability of non-native speakers wishing to enroll in English-speaking universities. The test is accepted by many English-speaking academic and professional institutions. TOEFL is one of the two major English-language tests in the world, the other being the IELTS.
TOEFL exam is generally taken by those candidates who are aspiring to pursue their academic career abroad like attending their high school, or a 2-year community college. TOEFL is also taken to attain a certification in a specific field.
The TOEFL exam measures the candidate’s performance by mixing the four distinctive language skills through:
- Reading a passage, listening to a recording/lecture, and responding by speaking to a specific question;
- Listening to a recording/lecture and responding by writing the answer to a specific question;
- Reading a passage, listening to a recording/lecture, and responding by writing to a specific question.
|Sections||Time Duration||No. of Questions|
|Reading||60-80 minutes||36-56 questions|
|Listening||60-90 minutes||34-51 questions|
|Speaking||20 minutes||6 Tasks|
|Writing||50 minutes||2 Tasks|
- Factual Information and Negative Factual Information
- Inference and Rhetorical
- Recognizing Vocabulary
- Sentence Explanation
- Insert Text
- Prose Summary
- Detail Questions
- Connections in Content
TOEFL exam pattern of speaking consists of two tasks:
- Question 1 – Independent Task: This task asks the test-takers to present their own thoughts, opinions, and experiences.
- Questions 2 – 4 – Integrated Task: This is a cross-functional task where alongside the speaking skills, the listening, writing, and reading skills are integrated.
The two categories of TOEFL writing pattern are:
- Integrated writing task: Similar to the speaking task, this requires the candidates to thoroughly read a passage, pay attention to a brief lecture, and eventually provide a response of the listened and read materials.
- Independent writing task: Similar to the speaking task, here the candidate is required to present their own ideas, opinions, and experiences through writing.
Get your free assessment done by our experts and learn more about the TOEFL Tests. Our coaching experts can give you more details on the test.
We at Novaturient, emphasize on individual attention for best results. Make use of this. Why wait? Contact us for more information on this.
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
Call Us: 080-44324151
© 2022 Novaturient Visas