Visit Visa (Germany)
Germany Visit Visa
The Western European country of Germany is a beautiful tourist destination attracting millions of visitors every year. With its rich history, majestic castles, and picturesque landscapes, Germany has become one of the most attractive tourist destinations worldwide.
What is a Tourist/Visitor Visa to Germany?
A Schengen Tourism / Visitor visa to Germany is a visa established by the Schengen states, which allows its holder to visit Germany and all of the 26 Schengen member countries. It is issued in the form of a sticker affixed to the passport of the traveller.
The Schengen visa for tourism purposes or visiting friends and family members limits you to only travelling and sightseeing throughout the Schengen area.
Who need to take visitor visa?
The travellers will need to obtain a Schengen visa before travelling towards Germany if they are citizens of third world countries that:
- Do not have a visa liberalization agreement with the Schengen member states
- Have a visa liberalization agreement with the Schengen countries, but the traveller was rejected from entering visa-free by border guards
However, the travellers who do not need a visa to enter Germany for either sightseeing or visiting family members or friends should belong to one of the following categories:
- Citizens of the Schengen Area
- Citizens of one of the countries that have established a visa-free regime with the Schengen states*
- Citizens of a third-world country that doesn’t have a visa-free regime with the Schengen states but is currently in the Schengen Zone under a:
- Schengen Visa valid for the whole Schengen territory
- National Visa issued by one of the member states
- Permanent residency of one of the member states
*Starting January 1, 2021, all travellers from this category will need to apply for an ETIAS before their travel towards any of the Schengen member states to be allowed to enter the territory
Procedure to apply for visitor visa:
List of Documents required for Germany Visit Visa
As for every other visa type to anywhere else globally, you will have to obtain a couple of Germany Visa required documents to complete your visa application.
The required documents for a Schengen Tourist / Visitor Visa to Germany are as follows:
- Application formcompleted in English or German. The form should be fully, honestly and correctly completed, printed and signed at the end.
- Declaration of Accuracy of Information
- Passport size photographs. Please note that these photos should be identical and fulfil the Schengen states’ visa photo requirements.
- Valid national passport. The passport should be no older than 10 years and have at least one blank page to affix the visa sticker on it and fulfil the other passport requirements.
- Personal bank statements for the last three months
- Schengen Travel Insurance. You should submit a confirmation letter from your health insurance stating coverage for emergency medical treatment with a minimum of €30,000. We recommend PROVISIT VISUM by DR-WALTER– It is very cheap, and it is accepted by German consulates worldwide. You can cancel it free of charge, subject to the presentation of proof that a visa has been refused! PROVISIT VISUM provides the mandatory insurance certificate required when you apply for a Schengen visa.
- Proof of accommodation. This can be a hotel bookingfor your whole stay in the Schengen region or a letter of invitation from a family member or friend residing in any of the Schengen countries.
- Proof of flight reservation. You can use the visa consultation services like this oneor find one online.
- Proof of financial means. This could be:
- A bank statement not older than three months or
- A letter of sponsorship from another person – Declaration of Commitment “Verpflichtungserklärungen”.
- Leave letter from your company(if employed)
- No-objection certificate.
- If you are a student, your school or university should issue this certificate to you.
- If you are an employee, your employer or the company where you work should issue this letter.
- If you are not a student and you do not work either, this certificate is not required.
- A Cover Letter. This personal cover letter should explain why you wish to visit Germany, how long you intend to remain there, and what you will be doing there, amongst others.
- Invitation Letter. A letter of invitation from the person the applicant is visiting in Germany, which may take the form of sponsorship or private accommodation. The invitation letter should also include the address, period of stay and contact details of the host.
- Proof of civil status. That could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, spouse’s death certificate, ration card (if applicable), etc.
- Your driver’s license and/or utility bill in your name. This is required as proof of residence in the consulate where you plan to apply for the visa.
- For minors:
- If travelling unaccompanied by the parent(s), a consent letter signed by both parents
- The form signed by both parents
- Copy of the parent(s)’ passports data page
Where to apply for a Germany Tourist/Visitor Visa:
If Germany is your only Schengen destination, depending on how the German authorities have regulated visa application in your country, you may have to apply at:
- The German embassy
- The German consulate
- Visa centre
How long you can stay ?
The longest time you can remain in Germany with a tourist Schengen visa is three months. However, the German embassy in your home country is the one that decides how many days you can spend in Germany and within which dates. Therefore, please understand that there is a slight difference between visa validity and the duration of stay.
The processing of short-stay visas to Germany takes around ten days to be processed. However, when the embassy is processing many visa applications, tourism visas may take a bit longer since business visas or others are treated with more priority
Visa fees for a Tourist/Visitor Visa
You will need to pay a visa fee for your application to be processed. The cost of a Schengen visa as of 2020 is €80. However, some categories are exempt from paying the visa fee or have to pay a reduced fee. Make sure you check if you belong to any of them before you pay the fee.
How can we help you ?
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
Call Us: 080-44324151
© 2022 Novaturient Visas