Visit Visa (Sweden)
Sweden offers a mix of stunning lakes, beautiful islands, forests and mountains. This Scandinavian nation has much to offer for tourists. If you are planning to visit Sweden on a tourist visa, then you must know the visa requirements.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Sweden which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Sweden is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Sweden and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Sweden Entry Restrictions in Response to Coronavirus
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Sweden, as well as the rest of the EU and Schengen Area members imposed an EU-wide entry ban on third-country nationals in mid-March 2020.
Amid the improved epidemiological situation in Sweden, the EU and abroad, Sweden has lifted the entry ban for the residents of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, and Uruguay.
The exemption will also be made for the following categories:
- Students who study in Sweden.
- Highly skilled professionals, if the job cannot be postponed or be done remotely.
- Individuals holding a residence permit or right to reside in Sweden or another EEA country, holders of a national (class D) visa for Sweden or a national (class D) visa valid for more than three months in another EEA country, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland or the Vatican.
- Individuals with a proved family connection, i.e. spouse, common-law partner, partner or child, to a Swedish citizen, EEA citizen or a foreigner holding residence permit or national (class D) visa in Sweden or an EEA country.
- Healthcare professionals.
- Those working with the transportation of goods.
- People travelling for urgent family reasons.
- Individuals working in international organizations or who are invited by such organizations and whose presence is needed for the operation of the organization, military staff, aid workers or staff working with civil defence.
- Military staff.
- Individuals entering Sweden for studies.
- Highly skilled professionals, if the work cannot be postponed or completed remotely.
- Internationals who are going to work within the agricultural, forestry or gardening industry.
Documents required for Sweden visitor visa:
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Visa Processing Time
The processing time for a visa application is approximately 15 days. Your passport is normally kept by the embassy during the processing time. After making the decision, a visa sticker will be affixed into the passport. You will come to the embassy to pick up the passport during the embassy’s visiting hours.
Duration of stay:
A visitor’s visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days. If you have already stayed in a Schengen country for 90 days during the last 180-day period, you cannot extend your visa. Instead you can apply for a visitor’s residence permit.
How can we help you?
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
© 2022 Novaturient Visas