Visit Visa (Australia)
Visitor visa Australia – Subclass 600
The Visitor Visa Subclass 600 is for vacationers who want to travel to Australia for a span of one year or less than that. It is a golden chance for those who want to explore the country and reside there for a few months. With Visitor Visa 600, you can also visit your friends or family members who are settled there. This visa is a temporary one and is applicable for a required time period only. If you carry any other visa which might run out then you can definitely apply for this one to increase your duration.
- Sufficient finance: If you travel under 600 Visa needs to have a financer before making a visit to the nation. You must have sufficient resources during your stay period in the country
- Personal and physical requirement: The tourist, who is travelling, needs to clear the personal as well as the physical requirements that are stated as per the law of the country.
- Purpose of the visit: You need to convince the authority that the reasons of travel are genuine and are not hiding anything from them. Also, it is essential to provide the date of journey, staying period and how many people are travelling with you
- Age: There is no age bar
- Funds proof: You need to submit the details of the funds that are required during your stay period in the country
Types of visit visa
- Tourist visitor: Someone visiting Australia for leisure and recreation or to meet friends and family. You can apply for this from outside or within Australia
- Business visitor: For businesspersons making short business trips for business, negotiations or to attend events. You must apply for this from outside Australia
- Sponsored family visitor- For family members outside Australia who are sponsored for a visit visa by an Australian citizen or permanent resident Visitor visas of longer duration are issued to parents of Australian citizens and Permanent Residents.
Subclass 600 - key points
- You should intend to come to Australia to visit only
- The traveller should have enough money for your stay in Australia
- You are not allowed to work in Australia
- you must be outside Australia when you apply and when we decide your visa
List of Documents required for Australian Visit Visa
How to apply ?
You would need to fill and submit the Australian visitor visa which can be downloaded from Australian online portal
|Name of the Visa||Processing time|
|Tourist Subclass 600||75% Applications||90% Applications|
|Tourist Visa Stream||7 Months||10 Months|
|Family Visa Stream||5 Months||11 Months|
|Business Visa Stream||5 Days||11 Days|
As services related to the visa application process have been impacted by COVID-19, additional time will be given to applicants for completing the checks and providing the required information. Service disruptions will be taken into account at the time that the application is being processed
How long you can stay ?
Usually, a traveller is allowed to stay from 3 months up to 12 months. In certain cases, a longer stay can be possible for the parents of Australian citizens
Cost of visitor visa
The cost of visitor visa is different for different category. For Sponsored Family visa, Destination visas, Business visa it is AUD 145 and for the tourist visa (application within the country) it is AUD 370 and for tourist visa (application outside the country) is AUD 145.
If you are in Australia and want to extend your stay for tourism purposes, you might be able to apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600). If you are able to apply, you should do so at least two weeks before your current visa expires
How can we help you
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
© 2022 Novaturient Visas