Visit Visa (Belgium)
Belgium, officially known as the Kingdom of Belgium, has its capital in Brussels, a thriving city that also serves as the de facto capital of the European Union. Belgium is home to the beautiful tourist cities of Antwerp and Bruges too.
Belgium is part of the Schengen Zone and hence to travel to Belgium, you need to get a Schengen Visa.
BELGIUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
On your arrival at the Belgium airport, you have to present the following to the border officials:
- A valid Schengen Visa unless you are a citizen of a visa-exempt country
- Passport or any other valid travel document. The validity of your passport should be at least 3 months more than your intended stay in Belgium.
The border officials may also question you on your purpose of visit and duration of stay in Belgium.
Documents required for Belgium visitor visa:
The process of applying for a Belgium visa
The procedure for applying for a Belgium visa for a short duration is as follows:
- You will first have to find out where you need to apply for a Belgium visa. It could be the Belgian embassy or consulate in your residence country. It could also be a visa application centre which has been authorised by Belgium to process the visa applications. It could also be an embassy or consulate of any other Schengen country which Belgium has authorised to undertake the visa submission process.
- You will need to select the right type of visa that you need depending on the purpose of your visit to Belgium.
- Compile all the documents as outlined above to meet the specific criteria as required by the Belgium embassy/consulate in your country of residence.
- Make an appointment with the Belgium embassy or consulate to process your visa.
- Attend the visa interview in the Belgium embassy or consulate as per the appointment.
Eligibility criteria for applying for the Belgium visa:
• You must be a citizen of the country from where you are applying for the Belgium visa.
• You should be a foreign citizen who is currently on a temporary residence permit in the country from where you are applying.
• You are eligible to apply for a Belgium visa if it is the only country in the Schengen Zone that you are going to visit.
• You are eligible to apply for a Belgian visa if you are going to spend most of your trip duration in Belgium.
• If Belgium is the entry point of your visit to the Schengen Zone.
Visa Processing Time
The processing time for a Belgian Schengen visa may take up to 15 days, in a normal situation. In some cases, this period may be extended as follows: up to 30 days due to the high number of applications the embassy of Belgium is receiving or the sensitivity of your case.
Duration of stay:
The duration of a Belgium visa is up to 90 days within 180 days. The days you spend in other countries that are part of the Schengen Area are included in this period. Your Belgium visa can be issued for: A single entry; you can enter Belgium or other countries in the Schengen Zone only once.
How can we help you?
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
© 2022 Novaturient Visas