Visit Visa (Norway)
Norway offers a mix of cultural and natural attractions to tourists. This land of the midnight sun has the stunning Northern Lights to offer. There are beautiful sceneries from snow-caped mountains to spectacular Fjords. The country is home to museums dedicated to a range of subjects from Vikings to seafaring. If you are planning to visit Norway on a tourist visa, then you must know the visa requirements.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Norway which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Norway is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Norway and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Norway Entry Restrictions in Response to Coronavirus
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Norway, as well as the other the EU and Schengen Area members imposed an EU-wide entry ban on third-country nationals in mid-March 2021.
Currently, only the following categories of persons from countries outside the EEA/Schengen area or the UK can also travel to Norway, but they have to self-quarantine for ten days:
- Those who have a work and residence permit in Norway
- Those who have family or a partner in Norway
- Students or workers with technical competence that is exempt from the residence permit requirement
- Employees in non-profit, religious and humanitarian organizations
- Children and stepchildren over the age of 21 to a person resident in Norway
- Parents and stepparents of children over the age of 21 living in Norway
- Grandparents and grandparents of a person resident in Norway
- Grandchildren and great-grandchildren of a person resident in Norway
- Children of established boyfriend/girlfriend (a relationship that has started at least nine months before, and both parties have met physically)
- Spouse, registered partner, cohabitant and children of Norwegian citizens residing abroad and travelling to Norway together with the Norwegian citizen
- EEA citizens and their family members residing in third countries
General required documents for a Norway Visa Application:
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Norway Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for a Norway Visa.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel Insuranceconfirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Norway and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Norway and itinerary
- Flight Reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Norway. Learn how to make flight itinerary for visa application!
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Norway. Learn how to get hotel reservation for visa application!
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence– Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Norway. A foreign national who seeks to enter the territory of Norway needs to attest to the Embassy or Consulate when applying for a Norwegian Visa owning of at least 500 NOK that are equivalent to 34€. However, this number is not officially fixed and typically the amount is decided on a case-by-case basis.
Visa Processing Time
The processing time for applications is normally up to 15 calendar days after the embassy or consulate has received the application. In some cases, applications are sent to the Directorate of Immigration (UDI), and the processing time in these cases may be up to 45 calendar days.
Duration of stay:
A visitor’s visa allows you to stay in Norway or other countries in the Schengen area for up to 90 days over a period of 180 days.
How can we help you?
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
© 2022 Novaturient Visas