Visit Visa (Portugal)
Portugal located in Southern Europe is famous for its beaches, food and beautiful countryside. The country is famous for surfing and golf activities. If you are planning to visit Portugal on a tourist visa, then you must know the visa requirements.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Portugal which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Portugal is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Portugal and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Portugal Entry Restrictions in Response to Coronavirus
Amid the Coronavirus outbreak, Italy and the rest of the EU/Schengen Area members imposed an EU-wide entry ban on third-country nationals in mid-March 2020, on the recommendation of the EU Commission. In addition, entry restrictions to Italy are frequently changing based on the COVID-19 situation in other countries.
Documents required for Portugal visitor visa:
Eligibility criteria for applying for the Portugal visa:
• You must be a citizen of the country from where you are applying for the Portugal visa.
• You should be a foreign citizen who is currently on a temporary residence permit in the country from where you are applying.
• You are eligible to apply for a Portugal visa if it is the only country in the Schengen Zone that you are going to visit.
• You are eligible to apply for a Portugal visa if you are going to spend most of your trip duration in Portugal.
• If Portugal is the entry point of your visit to the Schengen Zone.
The process of applying for a Portugal visa
The procedure for applying for a Portugal visa for a short duration is as follows:
• You will first have to find out where you need to apply for a Portugal visa. It could be the Portugal embassy or consulate in your residence country. It could also be a visa application center which has been authorized by Portugal to process the visa applications. It could also be an embassy or consulate of any other Schengen country which Portugal has authorized to undertake the visa submission process.
• You will need to select the right type of visa that you need depending on the purpose of your visit to Portugal.
• Compile all the documents as outlined above to meet the specific criteria as required by the Portugal embassy/consulate in your country of residence.
• Make an appointment with the Portugal embassy or consulate to process your visa.
• Attend the visa interview in the Portugal embassy or consulate as per the appointment.
Visa Processing Time
The entire process for processing a Portugal Schengen visa should take around 15 days under normal circumstances. However, the period may get extended depending on the number of applications being received by the Portugal embassy at the time you apply.
Duration of stay:
If you are planning to travel to Portugal for holidays, tourism, entertainment, sightseeing or similar, then you should apply for a Portugal Tourist Visa for short stays. The visa permits you to remain in Portugal for up to 90 days, within six months.
How can we help you?
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
Call Us: 080-44324151
© 2022 Novaturient Visas