Visit Visa (Spain)
Its culture, its food, its people and sunny beaches, so many reasons to choose Spain as your perfect get away.
Before setting off on your Iberian adventure, you need to make sure you have the proper documents to legally enter the country and fully enjoy your trip.
Who needs to apply for a Schengen tourist visa to visit Spain?
The Schengen area includes 26 countries among which Spain.
Citizens from non-European countries – such as Russia, China, India and all African nations – need to apply for a Spain Tourist visa if they wish to visit Spain for less than 90 days.
Some countries such as the US, Canada, Brazil, Australia and Mexico have visa-free arrangements with the European Union which means that their citizens do not need a visa to visit Spain for stays shorter than 90 days. However starting 2021, they will need to apply for an ETIAS visa waiver to travel.
This visa-free arrangement is only valid for citizens of these countries and not their residents. Therefore the need for a Schengen visa depends on your citizenship and not your place of residence.
How to Apply for a Spain Tourist Visa for Visitors?
To apply for a Spain Tourist or Visitor visa you will need to follow these steps:
- Fill in the tourist/visitor visa application form.
- Collect the required documents.
- Appoint an interview.
- Attend your interview.
- Pay the tourist visa fees.
Documents required for Spain visitor visa:
The Spanish embassy/consulate in your country of residence wants you to prove your identity, background and purpose of entry to Spain. You will need to do so by submitting several required documents for a Spanish Visa.
The mandatory Spain visa requirements are as follows:
- Spanish visa application form. Fulfil the form with your computer, print it and then sign it at the end.
- Two passport photos. The photos should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photograph requirements for Spanish visa applications.
- Your valid passport. Make sure your passport meets the following criteria:
- It has two blank pages in order to affix visa,
- It is not older than 10 years,
- It has a validity of at least three more months beyond the date you plan to leave Spain and the whole territory of Schengen.
- Copies of:
- all the pages of the travel passport.
- your previous visas.
- other valid or expired travel passports.
- all the pages of other valid or expired travel passports.
- Spain Travel Health Insurance. Prior to your visa application, you should obtain travel health insurance for the whole territory of Spain and all the other Schengen states. Your insurance must cover medical emergencies with a minimum of 30,000€, including repatriation in case of death.
Health insurance policies for foreigners travelling to Spain that fulfil Spanish visa & entry requirements can be purchased online from AXA Assistance or Europ Assistance. Both companies are accepted by Spanish authorities.
- Round-trip Flight Itinerary. A document that shows you have a booked flight, to enter and leave Spain. This document should specify flight numbers, dates, and your details.
- Proof of accommodation. I.e. a hotel reservation. (Check comor HotelsCombined to find cheap hotels in Spain!)
- Proof of sufficient financial means. A foreigner who seeks to enter the territory of Spain needs to attest owning at least 100€/day, with a minimum of€900 per person regardless of the intended duration of the stay.
- A cover letter.A personal letter in which you explain why you are applying to visit Spain, how long you plan to stay, when will you leave and other details. (Click to find cover letter samples for Spanish visa applications)
- Proof of civil status. This could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
Spain Visitor Visa Requirements
If you are travelling to Spain for the purpose of visiting friends or family members that live in Spain upon their invitation, then apply for a short-stay Spanish Visitor Visa.
Required Documents for a Schengen Visitor Visa to Spain
When applying to obtain a visa to visit your friends or relatives in Spain, you must provide the following additional documents:
- Travel Itinerary. Detailed day-to-day plan of your trip to Spain.
- Typed letter of invitation from the hostwith the personal information of the host and the guest, travel dates and address of the place of residence in Spain.
- Letter of invitation issued by a police station in Spain(mandatory for foreign nationals).
- Copy of a valid document of the host, proving their legality in the territory of Spain (passport, identity card, residence permit, valid visa).
- Confirmation of relationship, if the invited person is a relative, i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate, name change certificate, “Libro de familia” etc.
Visa Processing Time
The processing time for a Spain short-stay visa may take up to 15 working days. Still, according to your specific situation, this period may be extended up to 30 days. Exceptional cases may take up to 60 days, since the Spanish embassies may have to consult with other Schengen consulates.
Duration of stay:
Your Schengen tourist visa for Spain allows you to stay in the country for 90 days maximum over a 180 day period (the “90 days rule” in Spain).
How can we help you?
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
Call Us: 080-44324151
© 2022 Novaturient Visas