Canada Immigration – Which pathway suits your profile???
Canada is treated as the best country in the world for quality of life and social purpose, and the third most business-friendly and agile. It is observed as having a good job market, caring about human rights, and is committed to social justice. Canada is the one of the top destinations for immigration, especially for Indians.
While 2021 being a year of uncertainty due to Corona pandemic in the entire world, we see a lot of changes in the process of immigration as well. There are several steps to be followed to successfully complete the Canadian immigration process. And, the same may take months to years due to various complexity involved. However, there is a chance to have success in your path only when you choose a perfect pathway to migrate to Canada by avoiding pitfalls.
Are you interested in immigration to Canada, but not sure how to do it? Whether you want to make Canada your temporary or permanent home, it is important to get access to the most up-to-date information.
Here, we provide you the best options to make your immigration happen with ease;
- Express entry:
Express entry is the fastest way to enter Canada. It was launched in Jan 2015 by the federal government. It is an online portal where they intake the immigration applications. This program is a great move for those who are looking to settle and work in Canada. As per the plan of 2020-2022, Canada is going to target one million immigrants and till now more than 70,000 invitations has been issued in year 2020.It is basically used to manage PR applications for three economic class immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
Express entry follows a point-based grading system based on Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) which includes;
- Work experience
- Job offer, and
Pre-requisites of express entry:
- Age up to 36 years
- Passport or travel document
- Language test results: Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) by nearby immigration consultant
- Educational credential assessment report
- Work experience: 1 year (In case of professional career) and 2 years (In case of trained trade worker)
- Provincial nomination (if you have one)
- Written job offers from an employer in Canada (if you have one), proof of work experience, certificate of qualification in a trade occupation issued by a Canadian province or territory (if you have one)
- Proof of funds: while issuing your ITA
Time duration to get express entry: Express Entry provides a pathway to permanent residence for skilled workers in Canada. For potential skilled foreign workers, Express Entry will result in fast processing times of six months or less.
Invitation to apply is awarded to the candidates with the highest scores in the express entry pool. You will have 90 days to submit your application for PR.
- PROVINSIONAL NOMINEE PROGRAM:
PNP is a great opportunity for those who want to live in a particular province or territory. They must possess skills, education, and work experience to add to the economy of a specific province or territory. Each province in Canada have their own immigration programs like a particular province may target students, business people or skilled workers. Canadian immigration aspirants can apply via paper-based process, or by the online process through Express Entry.
You must apply in 2 stages:
- First, you must decide where you want to live in Canada and apply to that province or territory for a nomination. They will review your application based on:
- Their immigration needs and
- if you really plan to live there
- After a province or territory nominates you, you must apply to us (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) for permanent residence. We’ll assess application based on Canadian immigration law.
Following are the province or territory that provide PNP:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
*Remember, Quebec does not have a provincial nominee program. It has its own rules for choosing immigrants i.e. Quebec-selected skilled workers
For this, you must apply to the Government of Quebec for a Quebec Selection Certificate. If you get the certificate, you can apply to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada for permanent residence.
- FAMILY SPONSORSHIP:
Under this, an individual can sponsor his/her family if they are at least 18 years old and a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act.
Following are the family members who are eligible
- Spouse, partner, or dependent children
- Parents and grandparents
- Adopted child
- Relatives (With certain conditions)
- STARTUP VISA PROGRAM
It is for those immigrants who are starting a business in Canada. One can come under this visa on a work permit and apply for a PR visa later, but the work permit must be supported by Canada-based investors.
- One must have a qualifying business
- Commitment Certificate and Letter of Support from a designated entity showing that business has support
- Proficiency in language (English or French)
- STUDY PERMIT
You may need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA) as a study permit is not a visa. This permit is valid for the length of the study program and extra 90 days.
The Canadian provinces also offer permanent residence streams for graduates of post-secondary institutions. But ensure when you are choosing your university you research the Provincial Nominee Program for your university’s province, to see what it takes to get permanent residence. It usually takes a job offer after graduation and a commitment to remain in the province at the very least. It’s also important to remember that whatever work you do while a student will not count towards any work experience immigration streams, so if you get a student work permit to support yourself, keep that in mind.
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP):
Ontario – Canada’s largest province offers excellent pathway to immigration through Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP). Various occupations in demand in Ontario offer additional benefits to selected candidates and their families.
Candidates, particularly skilled foreign workers, receive job offers in specific in-demand employment, including Information and Communication Technology (ICT), construction, agriculture, personal care, nursing, retail, advertising and marketing, administrative services, business management, finance and trucking, in Ontario.
The OINP nominate successful applicants, who will utilize their skills to develop the workforce and economy of Ontario. OINP nomination is not an automatic guarantee to permanent residency in Canada. Such a decision lies ultimately with the IRCC.
Key Points: Ontario PNP:
- OINP regularly offers job opportunities in traditional as well as popular domains such as nursing, business management, ICT, administrative services, finance and so on
- The draw under Express Entry program is conducted at regular intervals throughout the year. That’s why it is considered as the fastest mode of immigration
- Ontario is a hub of industries such as finance, technology, manufacturing, hospitality, healthcare and so on. It implies that people from various job profiles can apply to get job opportunities and secure flourishing career.
- The candidates need to score 400 CRS (an achievable target for working professionals and skilled workers) in order to receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario province
In spite of covid pandemic, Ontario invited 528 Express Entry candidates with tech experience to apply for a provincial nomination on April 13, 2021.
Let’s start securing your future and unlocking global opportunities by seeking more information about various suitable pathway by expert visa agents and immigration service consultants.
From 2020 to 2023, Canada will welcome more than one million new immigrants! There are many pathways to immigrate to Canada and secure Canadian Permanent Residence, nevertheless the Novaturient team is dedicated to keeping things simple.
Call us : 9731473738
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Let the best of the best represent your application for Visa!