On October 21, the Government of Canada announced the Canadian international COVID-19 proof of vaccination. Canada plans for COVID-19 vaccine passports for international travel for its residents (citizens, permanent and temporary) by the fall. Officials say that it might be issued in the coming month for international travellers.
Travelers should present the digital proof of vaccination to the border officials to ensure that travellers abide by the health requirements. They can also submit the proof in the ArriveCAN app after returning to Canada.
Individuals without vaccination proof are also allowed to travel, but they need to follow the quarantine measures and regular COVID tests upon their return to Canada, according to IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) statement on August 11, 2021.
More than 73 percent of Canadians are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, according to Our World in Data, a tracking group based at Oxford University.
Canadians will not be able to board a plane for foreign or domestic travel without a proof-of-vaccination certificate beginning November 30.
Need for Covid-19 vaccine passport:
- This is designed as per the advice from the public health officials for providing safety and security for all Canadians.
- It gives border officers more confidence when verifying proof of vaccination
- A standardized document would allow for international borders to more easily recognize the Canadian vaccine passport.
What does it encompass?
- The new national standardized proof of vaccination uses the provincial vaccine certificate as its framework. If you have downloaded your provincial proof of vaccination recently, it may even be the national standardized version. The official Canadian COVID-19 proof of vaccination provides the following:
- says “COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination” at the top of the document
- includes the official logos for your province or territory
- the Government of Canada (the word “Canada” with the Canadian flag above the last “a”)
- your full name and date of birth
- your COVID-19 vaccination history, including:
other number of dose(s)
other vaccine type(s), product name(s) and lot number
othe date(s) you got your vaccination(s)
- a SMART Health Cards QR code
- is a bilingual document
Canadians will be able to use the proof of vaccination system both within Canada and for international travel.
How to get covid 19 passport?
If you live in Newfoundland and Labrador, the Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan or the Yukon, you can download your proof of vaccination from their health ministry websites now, with other provinces to come — though they did not provide a specific timeline.
You might already have the file. For example, Ontario’s new COVID-19 proof of vaccination forms, issued over the weekend, conform to the federal standard.
If your proof of vaccination form says “COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination” at the top of the document, includes logos for your province or territory as well as a government of Canada flag logo, your name and date of birth, and your COVID-19 vaccine dose information, it might be the federal form.
Some provinces, like Quebec, will have a separate link on their websites to download the federal form for international travel, said Alexander Cohen, press secretary for Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino. This form will be different than the one you might use within a province or upload to a provincial app.
How do I use it?
If you’re planning to travel, the government recommends having both a paper and an electronic copy of your vaccination proof.
You will still need to show a piece of personal identification, like a passport, alongside your vaccination document.
When will I need to use it?
You will need to show the proof of vaccination – along with ID – when travelling by plane, train or cruise ship within Canada as of Oct. 30.
There will be a grace period until Nov. 30, in which you can show proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of boarding your plane, train or ship instead of proof of vaccination. This is to give time for people to get vaccinated, according to the government website.
You will also need to show this document if you’re boarding a plane in Canada to an international destination.
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
Call us : 9731473738
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org