How to get an Australian PR:
Australia PR, the smallest continent and 6th largest country on earth, mostly famous for its vast beaches. Australia is a politically steady, culturally assorted and democratic society with a skilled workforce and a strong, competitive economy. The Australian economy is dominated by the services sector, followed by industry and agriculture. It is one of the world’s most popular expat destinations, and is keen to attract skilled workers in a variety of sectors. Australia has opened more than 190,000 opportunities for Skilled Immigrants to work and settle in Australia for 2021-22, which is a great news for graduates and qualified professionals, who can expect a wealth of opportunities.
As the country has favorable factors such as a thriving economy which means more job opportunities, better quality of life and a multicultural society where there is peace and harmony. Around 70% of the foreign nationals coming to Australia wish to stay back, work and live in Australia.
What is an Australian PR?
A PR or Permanent Residency Visa gives you the permanent right to reside in a country. Australia Permanent Residency Visa (PR) is a type of visa issued by Australian government to the non – citizens of Australia to work and live permanently in Australia. While Australian PR holders can enjoy the various privileges being in the country permanently without any obligation. And, moreover, one can also apply for citizenship of Australia post 5 years of receiving PR.
Benefits of having Australian PR:
- Citizenship: Eligible PR can apply for Australian citizenship
- Healthcare: With PR Visa, one can enroll Australian healthcare scheme, Medicine
- Child Benefits: Upto certain age, children can avail free education and childcare rebates
- Live, work and study: With the help of PR, you an indefinitely study, work and live anywhere in Australia
- Work in New Zealand: Yes, with Australian PR you can visit, work and live in New Zealand.
- Sponsor Relatives: You are allowed to sponsor relatives for permanent residence.
General Eligibility Criteria: –
- To be eligible to apply for an Australia Permanent Residency under the Skilled Migration Program, you will need a minimum score 65 points out of 100. The points are calculated based on your Age, Education, Language Proficiency, Work Experience, Australian Education and Partner Skills.
- Necessary Documents: There is going to be some paper work before you embark on visa application for your permanent residency status in Australia.
- Academic qualification certifications
- Employment documents
- Travel documents
- Skill assessment document
- English language proficiency test (IELTS) score
- Your occupation must be listed in the Skilled Occupation List.
- You need to prove that you have sufficient funds in your account to support your application and stay in the country.
- You should have a Valid Passport and other required documents such as IELTS score card, Educational Certifications, Proof of employment etc.
- You need to acquire required points under new point based skilled migration program system, to lodge EOI (Expression of interest).
- Health Check-up: As an applicant for Australia PR visa, you should provide your medical health check-up certificates to prove you are in good health and medically fit.
- Character Verification: The character verification is an important prerequisite for applying for permanent residency visa in Australia.
- National Security: Your candidature is checked for probable threat for national security.
Australia PR – A Point based system:
The immigration process of Australia tracks a points-based system to assess the eligibility of a person for migrating to Australia as a skilled worker.
For applying for Australia PR in 2021, you will be requiring 65 points under Skill Select program for subclass 189 and subclass 190 visas which are a part of this program. it is mandatory to follow the point based system. The point test system is applicable to some of the categories, and not all.
The calculation of points varies for each visa and subclass. Greater the points, the stronger would be your permanent visa application case.
Below factors are considered to allot points to the migrant applying for PR (only for subclass 189, 190 and 489):-
- Age:You should be below 45 years of age to get Australian PR.
- Skills: Various skills are required to get points.
- English language proficiency: A competent English is must
- IELTS – The minimum requirement is 6 points for listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills.
- TOEFL iBT – The minimum requirements for listening skills is 12, reading skills is 13, writing skills is 21, and speaking skills is 18 points.
- PTE Academic – The minimum requirement for listening, speaking, writing, and reading skills is 50 points.
- CAE – The minimum requirement for speaking, listening, writing, and reading skills is 169 points.
- Academic qualification: Your academic qualification (accredited in Australia or overseas) count to the points test
- Profession:Here the points are awarded based on the number of years of ‘recognized experience’ you have in that occupation. Most importantly, it is mandatory to nominate an occupation from one of the lists (MLTSSL or STSOL or ROL), which not essentially will give you points.
Eligible Points for Australian PR:
AGE (25-33 years)
EDUCATION (Outside Australia)
LANGUAGE PROFIENCY (8 bands)
30 Points Maximum
20 Points Maximum
20 Points Maximum
WORK EXPERIENCE (8 to 10 Years)
AUSTRALIAN EDUCATION (Doctorate degree in Australis with niche skill)
PARTNER SKILLS (Age and English test to be met)
20 Points maximum
10 Points maximum
10 Points maximum
What is EOI?
An Expression of Interest (EOI) is a method of showing your interest in applying for a skilled visa to migrate to Australia. EOI is a very important part of applying for certain Australian work visas.
If you wish to work in Australia, you must familiarise yourself with the Expression of Interest for Australian immigration. To lodge an EOI, you must have completed your skills assessment and have evidence of your English language ability. You also may wish to obtain a nomination from a state or territory government prior to lodging an EOI as this will improve your chances of getting an invitation.
What are the different category of Australia PR Visa?
- Skilled Migration Visas:
Point based skilled visas:
Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189):
The 189 Visa is the most common and point based Visa which is awarded to Skilled workers who are not sponsored by an Australian Employer, State, Territory or Relatives. This visa lets you work and study anywhere in Australia and you are also allowed sponsor eligible Relatives for PR
Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190):
The 190 Visa is also a points based Visa which is awarded to people nominated by Australian State or Territory government. This is an excellent option if you don’t have enough points for Skilled Independent Visa. With this Visa you can stay, work and study in Australia permanently. For this visa, you will have to prove that your occupation exists in the Skilled Occupation List.
Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491):
The 491 Visa allows Skilled workers live in a regional area of Australia for up to 5 years. With this Visa you can live, work and study in Australia for up to 5 years and you can bring in your immediate family as well. People with 491 Visa also given preference in Permanent Residency.
Non – Point based skilled visas:
- Regional sponsored (subclass 187)
- Employer nominated (subclass 186)
- Skilled Regional visa: subclass 887
- Distinguished Talent: subclass 124
- Business migration Visas:
Business Migrant visas are approved to people with an overall successful business career as the owner of a business or people with Venture Capital funding in Australia. This is the permanent stage of the Subclass 188 Provisional Business Innovation and Investment.
- Family migration visas:-
These visas are essentially sponsored by Australian citizens, permanent residents of this country, and eligible New Zealand citizens. Like;
- Parent visas
- Aged Dependent Relative visas
- Orphan Relative visa
- Remaining Relative visa
- Child visa
- Partner visa
- Adoption visa
- Carer Visa
- Refugee and Humanitarian Migration Visas:
Humanitarian Program offers resettlement in Australia to refugees and humanitarian entrants from overseas. The onshore component of the Humanitarian Program offers protection to people who have arrived in Australia, lodged an asylum claim, and been granted protection
- Woman at risk visa: subclass 204
- Emergency Rescue visa: subclass 203
- Global Special Humanitarian visa: subclass 202
- In-country Special Humanitarian visa: subclass 201
- Refugee visa: subclass 200
How long does it take to complete PR Visa process?
The entire Visa application process will take anywhere between 6-12 months.
If you are an aspirant of Australia PR or your PR visa is under review you need to consult the best advisor in the field. Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
Call us : 9731473738
Email : email@example.com