IELTS (the International English Language Testing System) is the world’s most popular English language test for work, study and migration. More than 11,000 organisations trust IELTS as a reliable indicator of true to life ability to communicate in English. IELTS on paper and computer are the only high-stakes language tests recognised for migration across Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. With a focus on human conversations. IELTS continues to set the standard for English language testing today.
The IELTS exam was established more than 30 years ago and is co-owned by the British Council , IDP Education and Cambridge Assessment English .IELTS assesses a test taker’s English language proficiency across four skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
As IELTS testing is suspended due to COVID-19, the British Council has released a temporary online version of the exam will be rolled out globally in early 2022, called IELTS Indicator.
IELTS Online is a new way to take IELTS Academic, the world’s leading test of English for international higher education. IELTS Online will allow students to take the test from their own home or another suitable location as they embark on their journey to achieving their study and career goals. The IELTS Online test will have the same content and format as the existing paper-based and computer-delivered IELTS test, including a real-time face-to-face speaking test delivered online by IELTS examiners, and will cover the four skills of IELTS Academic.
What is IELTS Indicator?
The IELTS Indicator test includes all the components of a regular IELTS test: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
It is a fully-online version with live IELTS questions, that are marked by real IELTS examiners. Thus, those doing IELTS at home can still get an indicator of their ability levels that is more reliable than a mock test
IELT indicator: Test Format:
It is the same as those taken at a test centre. You must complete the following tests:
|Type of Test||Time||Number of Questions|
|Listening||30 mins||40 questions|
|Reading||60 mins||40 questions|
|Writing||60 mins||2 tasks|
|Speaking||11 - 14 mins||3 tasks over video call|
Be sure to check that the institution you are applying to accepts the IELTS Indicator score. Since this score is indicative, the British Council advises that certain organisations may not accept it in place of regular IELTS scores.
Where and when are the tests available?
Through the IELTS Indicator, you can take the IELTS at home or at any location with a stable Internet connection. The online test will take place once a week in markets where IELTS testing is currently suspended due to COVID-19.
IELTS Indicators: Checklist:
- A quiet, comfortable and well-lit space to take your test, on your own
- A laptop or desktop computer (Mac or PC only; you cannot take IELTS Indicator on a mobile or tablet device)
- A stable internet connection
- A working microphone and web camera on and uncovered for the duration of the test Speakers (headphones cannot be used)
- Availability for the full duration of the Listening, Reading and Writing test – approximately 2 hours 45 minutes. These sections of the test need to be completed in one sitting; you cannot pause and come back later. Your Speaking test will be conducted separately.
- Please note as IELTS Indicator does not replace in-person testing, it is not accepted by all organisations. Before you book, be sure to check with your university or educational institution
- You must be 16 years or older to take IELTS Indicator
What about IELTS indicators results?
You will receive your results 3-5 days after taking IELTS Online. All tests are marked by trained IELTS examiners.
Benefits of IELTS Indicator:
- IELTS Indicator test will give you an opportunity to measure your ability in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- IELTS Indicator can be completed at home, online while IELTS testing has been suspended in some locations
- Universities and educational institutions can use IELTS Indicator for application purposes
- IELTS Indicator is an official IELTS product you can trust
For universities and educational providers:
- It is a great way to gauge the English Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking levels of your prospective students
- The IELTS Indicator test uses official IELTS test questions and is marked using IELTS test criteria by qualified IELTS examiners
- It is available in countries where IELTS testing has been suspended due to COVID-19
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
Call us: 9731473738