Australia’s permanent Migration Program is carefully designed to achieve a range of economic and social outcomes that meet Australia’s needs.
The permanent Migration Program is planned annually, with program settings announced as part of the Federal Budget each year.
The Department of Home Affairs (the Department) undertakes comprehensive consultation to inform the size and composition of the Migration Program each year, including advice from States and Territories, Government agencies, industry, academia and the public.
If you are applying for Australian visa this year, you must know the process requirements and rule changes applicable. Australia has the quite straightforward point-based system of immigration to allocate permanent residency to the skilled and talented people from overseas.
In last few months, the Australian government has employed few vital changes in the visa rules and process requirements, which will crucial for the individuals applying for visa in Australia this year.
Australian Immigration Planning Levels 2022 – 2023
During the pandemic, migration numbers in Australia were significantly reduced, especially with the closure of the borders for almost 2 years. For 2022 and 2023, the Government announced that the total number of permanent visas will return to pre-pandemic levels!
There will be some redistribution among all the visa subclasses. Skilled stream visas will account for 70% of the program (with 109,900 places), while family visas will correspond to the remaining 30% (with 47,000 places).
The table below shows how many places were allocated for each visa subclass while comparing it to the numbers for the previous (current) financial year:
|Visa Stream||2022 - 23||2021 - 22|
|State and Territory Nominated||20,000||11,200|
|Business and Innovation and Investment||9,500||13,500|
|Visa Stream||2022 - 23||2021 - 22|
|Child(estimate, not subject to celling)||3,000||3,000|
Eligibility for Australian PR in 2022:
To qualify for an Australian Permanent residency, you need to meet below requirements:
- Points Requirement: You must score at least 65 points under the Point’s Grid.
- Age :You should be below 45 years to apply
- Language Proficiency : A minimum of competent level English language is required.
- Nominated Occupation : You must have an occupation listed in Australia’s demand list.
- Skills Assessment : Your skills are assessed based on your education and work experience.
- Medical status : You should prove good health and character.
Points Requirement: Points determine your eligibility for a PR visa You must score at least 65 points under the Points Grid. The below table describes the different criteria for scoring points
|Age (25-32 years)||30 points|
|English proficiency (8 bands)||20 points|
|Work Experience outside Australia (8-10 years)||15 points|
|Work Experience in Australia (8-10 years)||20 points|
|Education (outside Australia) – Doctorate degree||20 points|
|Niche skills such as Doctorate or master’s degree by research in Australia||10 points|
|Study in a regional area||5 points|
|Accredited in community language||5 points|
|Professional year in a skilled program in Australia||5 points|
|State sponsorship (190 visa)||5 points|
|Skilled spouse or de facto partner (Age, Skills & English language requirements to be met)||10 points|
|Spouse or de facto partner with ‘competent English’ (No need to meet Skills requirement or age factor)||5 points|
|Applicants without a spouse or de facto partner or where a spouse is an Australia citizen or PR holder||10 points|
|Relative or regional sponsorship (491 visa)||15 points|
Key requirements of Australia PR:
An Indian citizen can apply for Australian Permanent residency. If you are a skilled professional, matching all the requirements mentioned above and has obtained at least 65 points in the Australia Point Calculation System and show sufficient settlement funds as a proof of the ability to sustain themselves and their family in Australia.
- Educational certificates
- English language proficiency
- Work experience certificates (if applicable)
- Travel documents (passports, permission to migrate from relevant authorities)
- Medical and police verification certificates
- Proof of settlement funds (bonds, bank accounts, cash, shares etc.)
Process : Australian PR:
- Step 1:Check your eligibility
- Step 2:Apply for migration skill assessment through the designated authority
- Step 3:Submit Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Step 4:Within 60 days of acceptance of your EOI, you have to apply for your visa online with all the required documents.
Cost of Australian PR:
The fees for Australian Permanent residency is :
- Primary applicant:$4115 Australian dollars or 2,20,825 Indian rupees.
- Dependent above 18 years (spouse):$2055 Australian dollar or 110298 Indian Rupees.
- Dependent below 18 years (children):$1030 Australian dollars or 55283 Indian rupees.
Benefits of Australian PR:
- Freedom to live work and settle in any part of the country
- Official permission for the family membersto accompany
- Free education for children up to a certain age
- Eligibility to sponsor relatives for permanent residential status
- Work and health benefitsfor self and family
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
Call us: 9731473738