UK GLOBAL TALENT VISA
The U.K. Global Talent visa is an immigration category specifically targeted at individuals in specific sectors that wish to work overseas in the U.K. Effective February 2020, the Tier 1 [Exceptional Talent] visa has been replaced by the Global Talent visa.
Global Talent Visa: An Overview: –
You can apply for a Global Talent visa to work in the UK if you’re a leader or potential leader in one of the following fields:
- academia or research
- arts and culture
- digital technology
You must also be at least 18 years old.
Generally, to be considered under the Global Talent visa category, the applicant must have secured an endorsement from any 1 of the 6 endorsing bodies appointed by the U.K. Home Office
- Tech Nation [for DigiTech]
- Arts Council England [for Arts and Culture]
- British Academy
- Royal Academy of Engineering
- Royal Society
- K. Research and Innovation [UKRI]
Nature of Global Talent visa:
- Global Talent Visa is regulated by UKRI. This will help a fast-track immigration process.
- The Global Talent visa gives visa holders the freedom to move between organizations, jobs, and roles.
- The visa does not specify any minimum salary threshold for the job roles like the Tier 2 visa for skilled workers does.
- Global talent visa holders can participate in other activities which other UK visas normally do not allow.
- These visa holders can apply for UK settlement after three years and their family members and dependents can join them provided, they fulfil the eligibility requirements.
Application for the visa:
- To apply for the Global Talent Visa, an applicant must get an endorsement from one of the six endorsing bodies decided by the Home Office.
- To apply Global Talent Visa, an applicant first needs to make endorsement for which, you will have to get an endorsement from the British Academy, Royal Academy of Engineering, Royal Society or UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
- The next step is to wait for the final immigration decision will be taken by the Home Office once the endorsement is granted.
- Finally, acceptance or refusal of visa will be decided and if you are already in the country your eligibility for the visa category from your current visa category will be considered.
Who can apply for GT Visa:
- Anyone who have successfully applied for an endorsement to prove that you are a leader or potential leader.
- You can apply for the visa without an endorsement if you’ve won an eligible award in the following field:
- Architecture prizes
- Arts and culture prizes
- Digital technology prizes
- Fashion design industry prizes
- Film and television prizes
- Science, engineering, humanities and medicine prizes
Documents you’ll need to apply
- A valid passport or
- Any other document that shows your identity and nationality
- your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
- If you’ve had an award or scholarship to study in the UK in the last year, you’ll also need written permission to apply from the agency or government that granted it.
- If your documents are not in English or Welsh, you’ll also need to provide a certified translation.
- If you’ve won an eligible award, the Home Office will look at publicly available information (such as the award organisation’s website) to confirm that you’ve won.
Cost of Global Talent visa:
Switching to a Global Talent visa costs £608.
If you’re applying based on an endorsement, you’ll pay the £608 in two parts:
- £456 when you apply for the endorsement
- £152 when you apply for the visa itself
If you’re applying based on an eligible award, you’ll pay the full £608 when you apply for the visa.
Your partner and children must pay £608 each if they want to apply to travel with you or join you later in the UK.
You may need to pay £19.20 to have your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo) taken.
Duration to get GT visa:
The application for endorsement usually takes up to 28 days to be processed. The visa application can take up to three weeks if you are applying from outside the UK and up to eight weeks if you are applying from within the UK
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
Call us : 9731473738
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org