Visitor’s Visa - Canada


A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), also referred to as a visitor visa or Canada Tourist visa, is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker).

There are two types of Visitor Visas for Canada:
  • Single entry visa: Single entry visas are granted for a period of up to 6 months
  • Multiple-entry visa: A multiple-entry visa allows you to enter Canada several times during the period while your visa is valid. A multiple-entry visa is valid for a maximum of ten years or one month prior to the expiry date on the passport/re-entry visa, whichever is earlier.
Why Visit Canada?
  • It is a developed nation with a strong economy
  • Transparent government policies that are tourist-friendly
  • Plenty of beautiful locations to visit
  • One of the best living standards in the world
  • High quality of life
  • Eye-catching outdoors, landscapes, and natural beauty
  • Opportunity for a better living
To apply for Visitor’s visa, there are a number for basic requirements. These requirements include:
  • A valid passport with a minimum of two blank pages
  • Canada visa application form
  • Two recent pictures of the applicant with his name and date of birth (DOB) written on the backside
  • Proof of financial ability to afford a trip to Canada, which includes
  • Copy of Income Tax Returns for the last two years
  • Bank passbook or bank statement for the last 6 months
  • Pay slips or a letter from the employer stating the applicant’s designation, job description and salary
  • A letter from the accountant mentioning the applicant’s annual income (in case the applicant is self-employed)
  • Proof of income from other sources such as investment, pension statement, etc.
  • Medical report of the health examination undertaken at a medical provider approved by the Canadian Embassy
There are different types of Visitor’s visa, based on the purpose of your visit:
  • Visit / Tourism
  • Study
  • Work
  • Temporary Resident

How long can you stay in Canada with your visitor’s visa?

Most visitors are allowed a six-month stay from the day they entered Canada. If the officer authorizes a stay of less than six months, they will indicate in your passport the date by which you must leave Canada. If you want to stay longer than your authorized stay, you should apply for an extension at least 30 days before the authorized end of your stay.

Extending your Visitor’s Visa

If you decide you want to stay longer, you can apply for an extension. You must send your application to extend your stay at least 30 days before your temporary resident visa expires. If you stay longer than you are allowed by your visa, you will lose your temporary resident status and you could be asked to leave Canada.

You must apply to extend your stay if you want to:
  • visit, study or work longer in Canada
  • change the type of your permit (for example, from studying to working in Canada) or
  • change the conditions of your stay (for example, if you are studying or working in Canada, and you want to change schools or jobs).
Application process for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa – TRV):
  • Step 1: Choose whether to apply online or offline.
  • Step 2:  Fill out a visa application form with requested information and documents.
  • Step 3: Pay the visa processing fee via certified cheque or bank draft.
  • Step 4: Visit the nearest Canadian visa application centre with your passport, photographs, and other documents.
  • Step 5: You need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics)
  • Step 6: Submit your visa application form at the Canada visa application centre.
  • Step 7: Get the receipt from the application centre containing the unique tracking number.
  • Step 8: Track your application online using this number.

Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.

Call us : 9731473738
Email :

Leave A Comment

Novaturientvisas - Logo

Novaturient Visas

Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.

Call Us: 080-44324151

Quick Links

Payment Partner


Our Branches

  • Pin

    Office 1: RMZ Infinity, Tower - E, Ground Floor - 3, Swami Vivekananda Road, Opposite Gopalan Signature Mall, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560016.

    Office 2: No. 310, Motati Meadows, 91/6, Next to Gopalan Signature Mall, Old Madras Road, Nagavarapalya, Bengaluru – 560093.

  • Pin

    NYN Arcade, Survey No. 55, Plot No - 108, Lumbini Enclave, Off Hi- Tech Road, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana, 500032.

  • Pin

    Pulsebay 388, Vazhudavoor Main Road, Shanmugapuram, Puducherry - 605009.

  • Pin

    Office Number – 602, Suratwala Mark Plazzo, Opposite Marriott Hotel, Hinjewadi, Phase 1, Pune, Maharashtra 411057

  • Pin

    Block A, 2nd Floor, Plot No. 11, 12,16,17 Palam Extension, Sector 7, Dwarka, Delhi - 110075.

  • Pin

    No - 731,Pinto Heritage Villa, Dmello Vaddo, Anjuna, Goa - 403509.

Our Branches

  • Pin
    United Kingdom

    4 Admiral Way, Doxford International Business Park, Sunderland, United Kingdom, SR3 3XW

  • Pin

    No. AO-3362, 8th Street, 12th Main Road, AF Block, Anna Nagar, Chennai - 600040

© 2022 Novaturient Visas