Temporary skill shortage visa (subclass 482) subsequent entrant, also known as a TSS visa, is for the family members of visa subclass 457 or a main TSS visa applicant who wish to apply for a separate TSS visa and join the primary subclass 457 or TSS visa holder in Australia.
Streams – Subclass 482:
- Short-term stream. With a short-term stream visa, you can work in Australia for up to 2 years, or four depending on your situation.
- Medium-term stream. The medium-term stream will allow you to stay and work in Australia for up to 4 years and you may apply for permanent residence if you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Labour agreement stream. You can apply for the labour agreement stream if your sponsor is a part of the labour agreements. The labour agreements represent an accord between Australian employers and the Australian government that allows businesses to bring workers to Australia according to the specific labour agreements.
Eligibility – Subclass 482:
- Must be nominated for a job position by an eligible employer.
- Must be employed in your nominated profession and worked for your nominator.
- You must have worked in your nominated occupation for at least 2 years before applying for a 482 visa.
- Must have a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, a BVB or a BVC (if you apply from Australia).
- For a short-term stream:
Your employer nominated you for a position in the short-term skilled occupation list- STSOL.
- For a medium-term stream:
You must be nominated for a profession in the medium-skilled occupation list- MLTSSL .
- For a labour agreement stream:
Your occupation must be included in the labour agreements between the Government of Australia and your sponsor.Your sponsor must be a part of the labour agreements.
Defining Family – Subclass 482:
For this visa, family members are:
- the partner of a primary 457 or 482 visa holder
- your dependent child
- your partner’s dependent child
Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements.
Checklist – Subclass 482 :
You need to assemble a number of documents for your 482 visa application:
- Passport and ID. You must have a valid passport when you apply for a visa 482, and provide other identification documents that the Department of Home Affairs requires (ID card, marriage certificate, etc.).
- Experience and qualifications. You have to submit documents that prove your experience, skills and qualifications. You can submit proof of licensing or registration, relevant certificates and awards, previous employer references, your resume and so on.
- Skills assessment documents. Depending on your visa stream, you may be required to submit a skill assessment report. If this is obligatory, you must attach it to your visa application or you won’t be granted a visa- you must confirm this requirement beforehand with the Immigration office.
- Proof of English proficiency. You have to provide evidence that you meet the minimum requirements for English language proficiency.
- Health insurance. You must have valid health insurance during the time you will be staying in Australia.
- Evidence of your good character. To prove you are of good character submit form 80 and form 1221 along with other documents, i.e., police certificates.
- Documents for your partner. Identification documents, marriage license or proof of registered relationship. Your partner must also meet the character requirements.
- Documents for your minor children. Birth certificate, copies of their passport and any similar documents. You must also fill in and provide form 1229 for parental consent, a statutory declaration or provide other forms of consent.
- Documents for your adult dependent child. If you apply with children over 18 that are dependent on you, you must provide their identification documents, character documents, form 47, and any other proof of dependency.
- Assistance Documents. If someone is helping you with your application, then please submit form 956 or form 956a.
Application Process – Subclass 482 :
Apply for a visa 482 by following these instructions:
- Your sponsor applies for sponsorship.
- Your sponsor is approved.
- Your sponsor nominates you for the visa.
- Your sponsor pays the levy fund.
- You apply for the visa.
Visa Processing Time – Subclass 482 :
The processing time for a 482 visa application depends on the visa stream you applied for:
- Short-term stream visa 482: 11 to 5 months.
- Medium-term stream visa 482: 8 to 4 months.
- Labour agreement stream visa 482: 9 to 4 months.
Visa Cost – Subclass 482:
A 482 visa costs AUD2,690. However, if you are applying for the short-term stream you have to pay AUD1,290. Don’t forget you have to pay additional fees for each additional family member
Novaturient is a Licensed Immigration consultant that offer Visa services in acquiring Permanent Resident Visa, Student Visa and Visit Visa for countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Schengen Countries and the UK.
Call us: 9731473738